Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Few Pics From Gustav

Here are a few pics from around our house in the aftermath of Gustav.
Our fence did not make it. Eric had done some beautiful lattice work on the top of it and it was the first thing to go!
My outdoor kitchen! No sewer and no power equals no doing dishes inside. I was so glad I bought these buckets that I had no use for at the time! I was well prepared with paper everything when Ike came. He only knocked out power for a few hours though.
This was a couple days after the storm. You can tell because the water is beginning to dry up but it was coming in our house before.
The unfortunate shed behind our house. Just glad it was a shed that was insured and not my house!
Eric fixing our roof like a mad man before Ike hit...Ike was not kind to our family either.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the pictures after Gustav. I am so glad that things weren't worse. Hope your recovery from Ike is coming along well.

My parents lost power until last night (17th), but luckily had a generator. They also had lots of limbs from a tree come down, so they spent one of these past days taking the tree down. Other than that, nothing too bad. A house in their neighborhood had a tree fall and split their roof in half and some driveways were uprooted with some trees. Thank goodness it wasn't worse. Apparently, Orange (where I grew up) was hit pretty hard.

Sure wish we could come see you soon. I'm sure come February/March I will be very ready to be in Texas/Louisiana. If you hear of any good flights, let me know. I would love for Joshua, Aaron and I to fly to Houston soon.

Julie said...

That has got to be so wild being in the middle of that. I am glad you guys didn't get it too bad! We had some people visiting our ward from Houston, and sounds like they got it bad from Ike! Hopefully everything will get put back together fast!