Friday, May 08, 2009

Aliyah Turns 2!

That was then (one year ago):

This is now: (so big!)



I cannot believe that my younget and last child is two years old! Aliyah is such a joy to have in our home. She is always smiling and comforting whoever happens to taken up the position as the sad child for the moment. Loves to take care of her babies and does so ever so gently. I love that she asks to hear 'The wheels on the bus" in the car at leat 25 times beofre we arrive to where we are going. She will do evey motion and sing almost every word if no one is watching. Aliyah loves to make new friends and currently her best friends are Dumbo our pet rat and her Daddy. She is a very compliant child and has always been so happy and pleasent to be around. I also love that am potty training her and she can hold it forever! Way to go Liyah Bear! We love Aliyah and are so happy you are in our family!

Eating with my big bro

Grandma and Grandpa with Aliyah and Mya


Time out for kisses from Grandma

Mya and Austin hover over to help with gifts at a moments notice
Eric had practiced with her early in the day so she would be able to blow out the candles!

I think she was mad that we took her away from her toys here!
(I wish I had fixed myself up here. It had been a long dayof painting my house, and taking kids to the doctor unexpectedly and putting together this little shin-dig. Oh well, that's what professional family pictures are for! )

The older kids wanted to get something for Aliyah on her birthday. We took a family trip to the store and they had a little tiny four wheeler setup on display. Aliyah fell in love. She would not get off. I had to run and get some icing for her cake so Eric (who was riding an electric cart because of recent foot surgey) told me to go and he would handle it. Handle it included having Austin prying her hands off and Eric leting her drive the electric shopping cart. Whatever works... We decided it was a worthy investment and Austin and Mya even put their money towards her new toy instead of looking for something else! She was delighted to see it on her birthday. I later found out that Austin was hoping to be able to ride it which may have been the reason for the enthusiasm behind the decision on his part. Sorry buddy you are way too big! Don't worry, we will hook a brotha up!

Side note: Remember Eric had surgery, hence the duck like boot he is wearing.



7 comments:

richbellesnbeausonbayou said...

Happy Birthday Aliyah! She is such a sweet girl! (I guess I am bias--since I am like one of her favorite people) And Amy, don't worry, you look good in that picture.

Amy said...

Wow - so much is happening. First off - foot surgery? Guess it's been a while since we have talked to you guys. Can't believe how quickly time goes by. Aliyah looks so big - especially with those big girl ponytails. Happy Birthday! So cute to watch her ride her 'four-wheeler'.

Amy said...

Oh, and thanks for that wonderful comment on my blog. We all love to hear compliments. It would be so wonderful if you could make it for Women's Conference. I have been trying to convince my mom to come for years, but the timing has never been right.

Happy Mother's Day soon. Can't wait to hear what your family has in store for you.

Grandma Carla said...

What a fun birthday for Aliyah! Happy 2 years old! The picture of her giving Grandma Pam a kiss is priceless. You look beautiful as always - you are such a natural beauty - even without having the time to 'fix yourself up.' Keep taking those pictures and make sure you're in some - we love seeing all of your family!
Love, Aunt Carla

Whidget said...

Your mom looks just like you! (or perhaps it is the other way around!) What a fun party. Aliyah sure is cute. I can't wait until Dora is two! What did Eric have surgery on? (Obviously his foot, but why!? Is he okay?)

Bridget

Karlee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALIYAH!!!! She's too cute!!! AND POTTY TRAINED??!?! TEACH ME!

Seth & Courtney said...

Hard to believe that Aliyah could be two, but on the other hand I can hardly remember life without her! She's so sweet. I love Mama Mya hovering over Aliyah as she debuts the 4-wheeler in the video. No wonder Aliyah is such a natural little mother herself. So cute!