Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Be Still

Saturday night found me gearing myself up for a long week ahead. We had just gotten home from my Dad's retirement dinner (yeah Dad!) and Sunday was going to come early, be long, and be followed up with an incredibly long week. Sunday we woke up to a sick Mya who was allowed to stay home from church with Eric. I was teaching Relief Society so I had to go, Austin and Aliyah in tow. A couple short hours after our traditional Sunday breakfast-for-lunch, Eric left for High Council meetings. He made it back in time for me to be only 5 mins late to the youth fireside. Here were my plans for the rest of the week.

Monday-Parent/Teacher conference, planting a container garden, cleaning up the house, Family Home Evening

Tuesday-Visiting Teaching all morning, volunteering in Mya's class all afternoon

Wednesday- cleaning my mother's house, making my house company ready, mutual

Thursday- Field trip with Austin in New Orleans

Friday- Honor Roll assembly for Austin, Easter Party for Mya, kids out of school early for the start of spring break, company comes into town

Here's how the week is looking in reality so far-

Monday- Parent/Teacher conference, Mya running fever, home to clean the house, doctor appointment to find out that Mya has pneumonia!

Tuesday-laying in bed for literally four hours with the girls dosing off and on, finishing house cleaning to show it, Eric takes us to Sonic for dinner

Rest of the week- Stay home and take care of Mya, Eric to go to Field Trip, me to be home catching up on laundry and doing lots of snuggling

I am being made to BE STILL. I grateful for every minute I am getting to sit on the couch and watch cartoons with my girls. The crying is getting old from Aliyah but I am taking a week to soak it all in rather than watch it all pass by in a blur.

On another note:
I can't wait for the summer so I can "be still" with all of my kiddos all day. Days in the swimming pool with crackers and apples slices for lunch under the sun umbrella; mornings at the free movie for the Kids Summer Movie Camp; completing the entire summer reading program within the first few days of signing up; playing in the sprinklers; spending the night in the cabin complete with sand beach, fishing and critter collecting. Bring on the "be still" summer.

3 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

Another really nice post!!! We have sick kids here this week too-pink eye and sore throats. I know what you mean about summer time too. I think I like it even more as a mom than I did as a kid. I can't wait!

Tamara Lyn said...

Sorry! Sick kids are never fun... :( Man, I want to participate in your summer fun!! :D

Grandma Carla said...

Summers when the kids were home and we could go on adventures at will were always my favorite times. I hated to see school start again - it was always so much fun to have them "under foot."