Thursday, March 18, 2010

Surprise! We live!



Well, I am sure most of have given up on me. Have no fear, we are still alive and kicking. I love reading blogs but am a pathetic blogger myself.

We have been so very busy these days. My children are growing like weeds which lends itself to more out-of-the-house activities. Usually, I am pretty fierce when it comes to protecting our at home time, but this winter/spring we found that we could fit in basketball and gymnastics for Austin and Mya respectively and still have peaceful evenings.

Austin is actually finished with his season at the time if this post. He was pleasantly surprised by how fun and organized the league was. Some of the boys on the team wanted to be called the Jets like the football team. Austin and his cousin Merrick felt "the cougars" would be more appropriate. Only a little BYU brainwashing around here! My brother Seth and Eric, the coaches, and held a vote. The "Jets" won and the team won about half of their games. However, much improvement was seen!!! They went from swarming the ball and taking it from their own team and to getting open for passes and setting picks, a victory in my book!

Mya is only about half way through with her gym. Actually, she was moved up to a more advanced class because she had mastered the beginning class in the first month and it was supposed to last four. The biggest news about the move? She now gets to wear a leotard which is a BIG dang deal to a 5 year old girl! Now she is working on the four olympic events, floor, vault, bars and beam. She is in gym heaven and it is the highlight of her week! Her cousin Cali in Utah is also quiet the gymnast so maybe it is a Bascom thing! She fell on the beam (which was only about a 6 inch drop) last night while trying to do a handstand and was a little guarded after that but I think she will get over it soon enough.

Aliyah is almost three and thinks she is 16. I love that sassy little thing. She is my little buddy and melts my heart when she sings ALL day long. She is really starting to need some playtime with friends but I am loving having her all to myself. I only have 2 years until all of my children are in school. What will I do with myself?!?

Eric is busy busy at work which is on fire lately! They are beginning to be quite established and well known in the community. He is also running around with the high council most every Sunday and serving as the East Ascension Rotary Club president. He is also still working out like a mad man. He started P90X again with me in tow. Still on the fence about how I like it but we are 9 weeks in so way too late to give up now. The results are amazing but its not a miracle program. You literally work your tushy right off. No gimmicks just good old fashioned hard work...

I am obviously busy with the aforementioned exercise routine. In addition I am working in the Young Women's program with Personal Progress and whatever else they need me for. Of course the normal house work included and it gets busy. I have become a food storage maniac lately. I could write a whole blog just on what I have learned in the last few months. Storing, cooking, etc. Maybe I will...
In other news we taken three trips(well i have taken three the others, two) in the last month and am grateful for the down time.

#1 Family vacay with Eric's mom to Disney!
#2 Trip to see my dying Grandfather. Just me, awe inspiring trip that I will post more on later
#3 Trip to Dallas to see my niece baptized. Short and sweet. A little too short but very sweet.

Oh, here is really big news!! My parents were called to be Area Humanitarian Supervisors for the Southern Half of AFRICA!! They leave next month and will be back in two years! We couldn't be happier for them.

Here is a little teaser of pics:


Aliyah got the camera. Eric looks so tall to her!

Must have a picture here. Yes, Chrisie's arm is in a sling. She broke it when she fell on some ice a couple days before. The kids had to put on her shoes,socks and cast every morning. I think they really enjoyed it and I loved seeing them serve her in that capacity. I thought she would be doing those things for them but this time the tables were turned.
This is my brother Jared. He is the oldest and I am the youngest. We were in Dallas to see him baptize his oldest daughter, Brittany.
All the kids and spouses minus Courtney, Seth's wife. We missed you!
Seth, Josh, Elli, Shane, Tawnya, Me, Eric, Tracy and Jared. (All the boys (except Eric) are my brothers.)

My parents and all their grandkids minus Rush who stayed home with his mom, Courtney. He is almost a year.

Me and My Grandapa.
My Dad and the map with all of our guesses on where they would be called on their mission. One in state and one out for each person. My guesses were Latvia and Alabama.
At our lake in Mississippi. Tawnya and I paddle boating the kids around. I have the ponytail and Tawnya's in the red sweater. Kids: l-r Mya, Aliyah and Jack. Annabelle is steering in the front and Joe is climbing his mother!!


Well, here's to me being better. We'll see...

5 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

So fun to read an update on you! I am SO jealous of all the cousins your kids have. Mine have only 3 so far on both sides combined. And how neat about your parents. Very exciting.

Adrienne said...

Finally! You updated! When I saw yall at the top of my blog list (which is order of newest post) I was like...What?! Haha...I feel like I haven't seen you in forever...and this Sunday WE won't be here...oh well! Maybe tonight at RS? I'm jealous of all the vacations you've had! I can't wait for the summer..somehow, I am determined to go to the beach!

Amy said...

So glad you're still blogging. I would love to know what you have been learning about food storage, so you should start a blog. I have been following a really interesting one - http://eatingfoodstorage.blogspot.com/

Sorry we didn't see you when you were here. Mom had told me that we had a small window of time to see you, but I didn't remember til you had already left. Oh well, June is coming soon!

Grandma Carla said...

Amy, how fun to hear all the fun the Bascoms are having. Your Grandpa Art is a terrific fellow- I'm so glad you got to go visit him.
~Aunt Carla

Seth & Courtney said...

So glad that you put up at new post. And how else would I have seen the pictures of Brittany's baptism. So cute! Wish we could have been there.

I am excited to try a cool new recipe. If it turns out well, I'll make it for one of our Food Storage work days. Keep the posts coming!