Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yippee for three!!

I am on a blogging roll. I'm just sayin'.

I am not a party planner. I see women who plan the cutest, themeiest, my-mom-is-awesome-for-putting-on-this-party parties. I am not one of those people. Sure, I tried, once. For Austin's 2nd birthday I had a John Deere tractor party. It was super cute and themey, complete with tractor rides from a real John Deere tractor but I was not thinking at the end, "I cannot wait to plan the next one!" Instead I thought, "Maybe I will do something a little less involved next year." See, not super-mom. I have come to grips with this. In an effort to compensate, I focus on exactly what the child requests and try to come through (within reason, you will see why this is so important in a minute!).

When we asked Aliyah what she wanted for third birthday she had very simple requests.
1. A butterfly cake
2. A jumprope
3. Her cousin Joseph--wrapped up!! (See the whole within reason thing?)

1. Butterfly cake came in the form of a pretty yellow cake from the Wal-Mart bakery with a wooden butterfly cutout from the craft department. She loved it.
2. A jumprope was easy and cheap enough.
3. We spared Joe the humiliation and just had him over to play the next day.

We also threw in a couple of surprises which she loved!!!!! I found some cute fabric that morning and sewed her a reversible butterfly dress to wear. The dress up clothes did not leave her body for three days. I had to let her get it out of her system before church because I knew exactly where that was going!!

Happy birthday Liyah-Bear. I love you. You are getting so big and so much less baby. That breaks/warms my heart. I love being home with you and soaking up your cuteness. Keep being a happy girl.





5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday, Aliyah! We hope you had a great birthday! You are getting so big!

I love the cake!

Whidget said...

Maya and Aliyah look so much alike!! Love you guys... your daughter is so cute--looks like a fun birthday. I totally do not do themey cute parties either!! They can know we love them without that!

Bridget

Deanna said...

You are totally a super mom, you sewed a butterfly dress! I would have bought one :) My little girl turns 3 next month and the party will definitely be low key :)

Amy said...

Happy birthday!

What a darling dress - you have great talent. So glad she loved it.

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

haha, you crack me up! I LOVE reading your blog. It looks like she had a FANTASTIC time. And I don't know what you're thinking when you say you're not a super-mom......HELLO, you flipping sewed her butterfly dress. There is no WAY I would do that. I would think about it and have great intentions, but in the end, we would making a trip to buy one. ;) You are amazing!