Thursday, July 28, 2011

New House


Wow, I am so tired. We have been packing and moving and unpacking and purging and putting together stuff and on and on. Lest I sound like I am complaining, I am not! I love my new house, but a new house does not come with alot of stuff an "already lived in" house does. Like...grass, shelving, underground dog fence. It does some with alot of other stuff though like trash the construction guys left, more projects to complete, construction grit etc. I'll take it though :) Eric's parent's (fortunately for us and not so fortunately for them) flew in to visit on the day we moved in. We worked them to the bone with our unpacking. Chrisie washed every cloth item and every dish that were in storage and kept up on the laundry all week. Walt put away everything he could get his hands on and assembled several bookcases, tool chests, cabinets, etc. The kids were so well behaved through the whole process and found that there were lots and lots of children in this neighborhood. They would ride down the street as a pack of three and come back with at least 4 or 5 extra everytime. The neighborhood seems so very kind! Whew!

Here are a few photos for you. These were all taken a few days before we moved in. Maybe I'll add more later, maybe not. You would probably get bored with all the pictures and my decorating skills are nothing to boast. :)
The front
Eric's shower
Kitchen
Kitchen
Entry way and stairs. The door to the left is the office.
Office doors
Parts I love:
- a walk in pantry
- large porch off of the back that I can sit on and see the kids riding their bikes for a very far stretch
- a loft upstairs for the kiddos right outside of their bedrooms
- lots of extra closets


8 comments:

Deanna said...

Glad you had a lot of help. Unpacking is no fun. It looks beautiful!

jamie said...

LOVE it! Post lots of pictures! Congrats :)

Amber and The Boys said...

Holy cow-I could have written this same post. We are in a new house, been putting grass, hanging blinds, building furniture, etc. too. And had the in laws here (and my parents too) to help. It is exhausting huh? Nice house. Looks very Southernish. Have fun!

Amy said...

Looks beautiful - cant' wait to see 'moved in' pictures, but even better - we can't wait to see it in person!

Adrienne said...

awesome! can't wait to see it in person!

Karlee said...

SO exciting!! CONGRATS!!

Whidget said...

HEY HOORAY! What a beautiful home. I love Eric's shower. We have three showers to remodel on this end. Well, four, but one is getting done tomorrow. Sheesh! Maybe we should have built a new house. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

xoxoxo

Shanda said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your home!!! It is So beautiful!!! I love your porch! That is a dream of mine someday! Congratulations Amy!!! I'm so happy for you! I hear you about moving & unpacking, and setting up a brand new home. Its a LOT of work! I have never slept better than when we moved. Your whole body just aches! I can't wait to see more pictures! I'm the worlds WORST decorator, hence why I posted empty pictures of our home! ;) I wonder how long of a drive it is from here to where you live. We thought it would be fun while we live in the south to check out New Orleans. How far are you from there? Anyway, your home is beautiful! Congratulations again! I hope you are loving every moment!