Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Ok no fainting for real


Okay so here is the long awaited "real" second post from the Bascom family instead of just a title. I just look at how cute everyone elses' post are and am not sure I can measure up. I am not a very graceful or witty writer so here goes my attempt at a blog that will probably be a little sub par but hey, something is better than nothing. This summer has been a very fun summer for our family. We have had Girls Camp for me, Eric and I's 7th anniversary, Austin's birthday, a very fun "Kid Free" get away with our friends Chris and Sarah to Fort Lauderdale (AWESOME TRIP), cabin building in Mississippi, Mya's birthday and mine still to come. Here are a few pics of the summer. Sorry I am not a better poster...I will practice. Hope my three or four readers enjoy~


This is Penelope, my cousin Rachel and me making jewelry under Rachel's careful and experienced direction.Here are the kids (minus Aliyah) on Austin's Birthday. They are enjoying the cake I really messed up! They don't seem to mind. We also took Austin and a couple of friends to the movie Kung Fu Panda and to eat all the Pizza their little stomachs could hold at Ci Ci's Pizza. I must admit Eric and I ate all the cinnamon rolls our stomachs could hold!


Eric and the kids at LSU by the statue of Mike the Tiger. We took the kids there for a little day and they thought it was AWESOME that they go to "go to college". We even ate lunch in the student union and feed the ducks/turtles at the LSU lakes. We had a great time.


Our wonderful friends Chris and Sarah initiated this trip to Southern Florida. We had such and relaxing and fun week. We love them and miss them!


Still best friends even after seven years. I have to say even better friends than we were seven years ago!


Chrisie Grandma sent the girls Fourth of July dresses and Austin a Dinosaur stencil book. Here are the dresses. Mya wanted to wear hers right away and everyday until Sunday. I luckily got it off of her so it would be clean for church.

This is from earlier in the summer but it was Mya's first season in soccer. She had a great coach (Austin)!

Eric was one of the coaches for Austin's team.

Well here's my second post. I hope you have all enjoyed it. I will post more regularly that way I can post more pictures of each event! Pictures of the cabin and the birthdays still to come.

6 comments:

HUGHES FAMILY said...

Cute pics! LOoks like you have had a fun, busy summer. We miss you !!

Wendy said...

Wow I am so excited!! I love all the pictures. Seven years that sure went by fast. It is crazy Dave and I are going on 12 years. We were planning out our vacations for the next few years and the kids kept saying that we have to visit you guys again. So we are planning on coming in two years, when Max in 2. Lewis is so excited, he asked me often when 2 years is going to be here. Love you guys and miss you.

Wendy said...

Oh man Seth and Courtney's blog is private. You will have to tell them to invite me. wendybascom@gmail.com

Deanna said...

Your family is so cute Amy! So glad you started a blog- I love blogging! I think I sent you an invite to see ours. Let us know if you ever come out to Savannah. I'd love to see you and meet your beautiful family.

Reese said...

Oh yes, please continue to post! Your kids are growing up!!

Unknown said...

Yea!! I'm so excited you have a blog!!! I love checking blogs! And...your blog is super! It's fun to see what you guys are up to!!