Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Update

At Kristin's request here is another update on our miserable children.  Things got worse after my last update.  Both Mya and Austin starting throwing-up.  Of course they did!  What is a rough week with out a little puking in there??  However, this is the third day that  Mya is off to school!!!!!!!!!  Nose has a little left over yellow bruising, but she is feeling great.

Austin  started running a 102 degree fever on Monday and then he started throwing up.  There were threats from the doctor about going to the ER for an IV so he decided to drink after that.  Today however, he will not.  We are supposedly on the worst days of recovery.

Aliyah has been miserable all week.  We left the ENT's office yesterday with her kicking and screaming about having to leave a baby doll that belonged at the dr's office.  Later we had to run by the store (yes I took them out of the house yesterday because at the time Austin was feeling decent)  she screamed the entire time.  The manager of the store came over to help me pick out some sweet potatoes and another worker offered to help me through the store.  They were sweet but I only needed three things and Aliyah was not going to sit in a cart.   I just carried the screaming banshie throughout the store while Austin and Mya carried the groceries.  Austin said, "Mom you must be really embarrassed!"  I could honestly say I wasn't.  The feeling of complete exhaustion far outweighed any embarrassment that may have come!  Although I have never had a store worker ask if they could help me, much less two!  We must have been a sight!!!

I texted Eric at some point yesterday to say, that I would love to talk to him and give him an update on the kids but I wouldn't be able to do so because we were in the car and the screaming was entirely too bad.  He took a long time to text back.  When he did it said "you have an appointment for 7 pm."  "for what?"  I asked.  "For a massage.  It's an hour."  I was so excited!!!!!  I was starting to have really debilitating headaches  that nothing would cure.  I know it was because I was so tense, stressed tight, etc.  Only problem was that it was 9 hours away!  I did actually make it through the rest of the day until Eric came home to take over.  When the massage girl got to my shoulders she said "OH MY GOSH GIRL!!  You are stressed.  You win the tightest client today by a landslide!" 

 I came home to a quiet house where all the kids were bathed  and in bed and dinner was cleaned up.  I got in the bath because I knew I was going to be sore from the massage. That girl earned her money getting out those knots.  I am sore even this morning but no headaches.  I feel like I can handle the day now.  

To summarize, yes things got worse.  They are still bad for Austin .  I am feeling better and I got some chocolate in the house :).  Mya is feeling great.  Aliyah has only screamed for something twice this morning and Eric wins the award for the most attentive and responsive husband of the year!!

Thanks for caring!  I will have to remember to be more grateful when the weeks are easier!   

3 comments:

Jen said...

Just so you know, I think every mom has been there with the screaming kid! Have you gotten looks from people who clearly do NOT have kids and then others who are mom's who know what it's like? I so have been there. I am so sorry your kids have been sick! Mine too! It's the pits and it makes me so tired too! Eric is great! WHat a great hubby to do that for you! :) Tell him great job and tell him I will give him Nick's phone number so he can share the idea! :) So glad to be back in touch!

Emma and Dan said...

I have always wanted a professional 1 hour massage. That must have been heavenly! Especially compared with how you have been feeling and what you've been dealing with. What a kind thing for Eric to do.
I hope that everyone is better soon and that you recognize what a great mom you are to keep up with everyone.

The Awesome Rawsons said...

What an awesome husband you have! I'm sorry that you went through all of that. I did it with two kids this last December, but 3?! How are you not insane?