Thursday, February 05, 2009

Puerto Rico


So I am alive.  That's good news I guess.  In other good news I am going to catch up on my blogging.  Not saying I am going to stay  caught up, (one thing at a time people) but for now I am going to try to catch up.  Starting in October.  Just before Halloween we took a trip to Puerto Rico as a reward trip for Eric's work.  Also, my parents and my brother and his wife went because they all work together.  We had a great time!  Thanks to everyone who helped out by watching our children, Bonnie Adams, Becky  Bluth and Elli Richardson!  Thanks, thanks, thanks.  Our trip consisted of:
1. Lots of relaxing!
2.  Boogie boarding in the ocean with the biggest waves I have ever seen!!!!
3. A trip to the spa for a detoxing, energizing body wrap and scrub...it was as awesome as it sounds.
4.  A formal dinner for the agents and spouses.
5.  A trip to Old San Juan and San Cristobal castle.
6. Swimming in the pool and relaxing at the beach.
7.  A hike through El Yunque national rain forest.
8.  Snorkeling with lots of jelly fish and jumping off the boat when we decided we were done with that!
9.  Lots of fun and cultural exposure to the "Island of Enchantment".  

It really was s beautiful island and the "resort" side of the island was amazing.  The other side of the island was very poor and run down.  The people there depend on the tourism for their economy.


My parents in the rain forest.

I little lizard we found while going into the rain forest.
At the honor dinner.
A coconut I found lying on the beach.  I wasn't really drinking it here because it was actually rotten!

Eric loved being in the water.


Playing in the waterfall in the rain forest!

Thanks for the trip Legacy Group!!!!

2 comments:

Jen Cutler said...

Not too many people get body wraps and scrubs, but everytime I do them my clients ask themselves why they didn't do them sooner. Salt and Sugar glows are my second favorite treatment to get done. I love being under the shower head as the therapist massages you with yummy smelling salts. Glad you got to experience it too!

AmyB said...

It was wonderful I tell ya. I never believed that a "detoxing, energizing" wrap could make you feel better, but honestly I felt like I had energy to burn for about a week after!!!!