Monday, February 23, 2009

Grandpa Crane


This is old news to us but it will be new for many of you.  My Grandpa makes a yearly trip from Utah to visit with his Great Grandkids every January.  He makes sure to spend at least one evening in each home so the kids can get to know him better.  He said he feels like an animal at the zoo if we take the kids to my parent's house to see him, so he likes to come to see the kids in their own homes.  During his trip we got to see him a lot.  He ate lunch with Mya at my parent's house (less zoo-like because it was one one one), ate lunch with Austin at school, and came to eat dinner and have Family Home Evening with us.  He told the kids stories about when he was a little kid, which they could not get enough of.  I even leaned a new thing about him:  He was the Leader of the first ever desegregated boy scout troop in America.  Austin is very into American history right now so he thought that was awesome.  He also thought it was awesome that Grandpa Crane had flown planes in WWII.  He was sure to let his class know that the next day!  We had a great time with him and look forward to seeing him in June when we go out to Utah.





Not sure why I look so big in this picture!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What interesting facts to learn - especially the leader of the 1st desegregated scout troop. Cool!

Lucky Mya - sounds like a fabulous date. And we're glad to hear her nose isn't broken. Sounds like things are slowly improving at your house.

Deanna said...

That is such a great idea for your Gpa to come visit you in your own homes. I hope to do stuff like that too when I'm that age.

Grandma Carla said...

Love reading your blog. I don't know why I haven't commented before, but I guess I'm always in a hurry. Your Grandpa Crane is a great man. Sorry about all the illness and surgeries - and with the avalanche of so many miseries at once it seems only fair that you have a long season of great health to balance it. Your family is beautiful. Love, Aunt Carla